On my journey as a yoga teacher, I find the study of the mind and its afflictions fascinating. As those who’ve practiced meditation or joined us in the deep relaxation/ yin class know, to sit with ourselves calmly, with still mind, and in the complete present moment, is the hardest thing to do. So what makes our mind chatter so incessantly? Hatha yogis commonly make the analogy that our mind is like a Monkey- always jumping around. In yoga we try to train the monkey to sit still. Yes- an impossible task. So what are the obstacles towards a completely still mind? I am experiencing them all first hand as I try to complete this article!… You may relate to a few too.
- Flying Yogis Meets the Acronuts- A fun acro Day raising money for 2 Children’s Charities.August 25, 2015 - 10:09 am
- Hummus- 3 Ways. Recipes Contributed By Shlomi AlmoslimosJune 10, 2015 - 2:15 pm
- How is yoga over 50 different (from other yoga)June 10, 2015 - 1:54 pm
- Pumpkin Bliss BallsFebruary 26, 2015 - 10:37 am
- Vegan Kale PestoJanuary 14, 2015 - 5:30 pm